As part of my work in schools, I have been running regular parent support groups on coping with COVID as well as weekly support for remote learners.
I have also offered numerous workshops and talks to parents, students, and faculty. Topics include:
- Making the transition to high school (for parents)
- Making the transition to college (for parents and students)
- Discussing death and traumatic events with your children (for parents)
- Suicide prevention (for students)
- Identifying "at risk" students (for teachers)
- School violence (for teachers)
- How to have productive conversations about drugs and alcohol (for parents and students)
- Developing healthy body image (for parents)
In addition, I have offered the following lectures and classes:
- Short-Term Psychdynamic Psychotherapy (lecture at Barnard College)
- Introduction to Counseling (course at Fordham Univeristy)
- Theories of Counseling (course at Fordham University)
I also offer supervision to early career psychologists.