I am a licensed psychologist offering therapy for individuals and couples. I work with clients ages 14 and up.
The areas of difficulty that I most often work with are:
- Managing COVID
- Trauma (particularly sexual assault and combat-related)
- Eating disorders
- Self-esteem and low self-worth
- Interpersonal awareness and relationship difficulties
- LGBTQ support around coming out, identity development, family acceptance and relationships
The approach I take to therapy is an integration of interpersonal, psychodynamic, and cognitive-behavioral theory and technique. This means:
- Interpersonal - This approach focuses on symptom relief and improvement in relational functioning by using the therapy relationship as a platform for understanding and change.
- Pyschodynamic - This approach helps clients understand current functioning by reviewing past experiences, emotions, and thoughts. In doing so, the client can gain insight into how and why certain patterns of behavior exist in his/her life and develop strategies to change them.
- Cognitive-Behavioral - This approach proposes that a client's perspective of any given event is based on the interplay between thoughts, feelings, and behaviors. By providing concrete and user-friendly strategies, relief from symptoms can often be found quickly.
I work with nutritionists and psychiatiatrists as needed to supplement treatment.